- Learning is a Treasure
- Life-saving heart surgery performed on Jalalabad toddler in memory of Afghan medical student
- Mustafa Ahmadzai Memorial Fund
- And once we were immigrants too
- 16-year-old Zahra Habibi’s speech at the Canadian Embassy of Afghanistan
- Waking up in Afghanistan
- The two faces of Wazir Akbar Khan Hill
- Culture shock: What’s all the fuss about shoes?
- Beneath the cloak of Kabul’s smog
- Sharing Jampa’s Story
- Flavors of Belize
- Travel That Feeds the Soul
- Blessed with Boys
- Celebrating Women – Celebrating Anita!
- Poetry From My Past
- When Mommy Was a Boy
- Such is Life With George…
- Sleepy Foot Syndrome! Are you kidding me??
- From Trash to Treasures
- Yer Not Da Boss A Me!
Category Archives: Afghanistan
When I asked 18-year-old Freshta Ahmadi what her favorite quote was, she shared a Chinese proverb with me. “Learning is a treasure that will follow its owner everywhere.” The quote is a perfect reflection of who she is. If learning … Continue reading